Have you been injured at work? Unable to work due to illness? Know your rights

When you are injured or ill and unable to work, you may have insurance coverage that you are not aware of. Many workers are covered for income protection or salary continuance insurance and total and permanent disability (TPD) insurance through the superannuation fund contributions made by their employer. TPD insurance may also be attached to your mortgage or other loan insurance, or bundled with your life cover or other occupational specific cover.

Income protection offers you payments for up to 2 years over the time of your injury or illness. TPD insurance entitles you to a lump sum payment in addition to any workers or similar compensation you may have received for the injury or illness when you can no longer work.

You may be entitled if you are unable to work in your usual occupation or engage in any gainful work for which you are reasonably qualified. This doesn’t mean you’re unfit for all work, just that your injury or illness excludes you from your usual employment activities.

If you believe you may be entitled, contact us for assistance.